The ATTIC section is not yet complete.
I. The inspector will inspect:
II. The inspector will describe:
- insulation in unfinished spaces, including attics, crawlspaces and foundation areas;
- ventilation of unfinished spaces, including attics, crawlspaces and foundation areas; and
- mechanical exhaust systems in the kitchen, bathrooms and laundry area.
III. The inspector will report as in need of correction:
- the type of insulation observed; and
- the approximate average depth of insulation observed at the unfinished attic floor area or roof structure.
IV. The inspector is not required to:
- the general absence of insulation or ventilation in unfinished spaces.
- enter the attic or any unfinished spaces that are not readily accessible, or where entry could cause damage or, in the inspector's opinion, pose a safety hazard.
- move, touch or disturb insulation.
- move, touch or disturb vapor retarders.
- break or otherwise damage the surface finish or weather seal on or around access panels or covers.
- identify the composition or R-value of insulation material.
- activate thermostatically operated fans.
- determine the types of materials used in insulation or wrapping of pipes, ducts, jackets, boilers or wiring.
- determine the adequacy of ventilation.
Report prepared by Stephen Prinkey, CPI