The FOUNDATION section is not yet complete.
I. The inspector will inspect:
II. The inspector will describe:
- the foundation;
- the basement;
- the crawlspace; and
- structural components.
III. The inspector will report as in need of correction:
- the type of foundation; and
- the location of the access to the under-floor space.
IV. The inspector is not required to:
- observed indications of wood in contact with or near soil;
- observed indications of active water penetration;
- observed indications of possible foundation movement, such as sheetrock cracks, brick cracks, out-of-square door frames, and unlevel floors; and
- any observed cutting, notching and boring of framing members that may, in the inspector's opinion, present a structural or safety concern.
- enter any crawlspace that is not readily accessible, or where entry could cause damage or pose a hazard to the inspector.
- move stored items or debris.
- operate sump pumps with inaccessible floats.
- identify the size, spacing, span or location or determine the adequacy of foundation bolting, bracing, joists, joist spans or support systems.
- provide any engineering or architectural service.
- report on the adequacy of any structural system or component.
Report prepared by Stephen Prinkey, CPI